Work with us
There are currently no job openings at ECCHR.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues at ECCHR. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.
Critical Legal Training:
For information on ECCHR's Critical Legal Training, see here.
We are seeking trainees in the Communications Department of the European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights (ECCHR). We offer a three-month traineeship to be undertaken as part of a degree or professional training.
We are seeking trainees for the period from 1 July 2019 and are accepting applications on a rolling basis.
Preference will be given to applicants who can communicate in German and English and who have experience in journalism and/or public relations work or who have studied in this area.
This traineeship should be undertaken as part of a program of study.
Please apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
For your application please send the following documents as PDF:
- Letter of motivation
- CV (tabular form)
- Academic transcripts
- Work samples in English (max. five) and German (max. three)
- Proof of student status (e.g. certification of enrollment)
- Basic knowledge of human rights
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent)
- Excellent written communication skills in English
- Excellent knowledge of German is required. Knowledge of Spanish, French or Arabic is an advantage
- Some experience in the field of press and public relations work
- Skills in written communication
- Some experience in the area of website editing
- Experience with use of Twitter und Facebook and an enthusiasm for new developments in online communication
- Good IT skills and competence with basic programs (incl. Excel and Powerpoint)
- Ability to work independently
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Substantive research on human rights topics
- Translation of texts from German to English
- Editing/proofreading of English texts (articles, web texts, tweets, posts)
- Contributing to planning, drafting and editing press releases, newsletters, web texts and other materials (English)
- Daily press review and compilation of press clippings (German and English media)
- Assisting with online presence and co-curating social media channels (German and English)
- Assisting with the preparation, running and follow-up work for press meetings and other events
- Assisting with handling international media inquiries
- Contributing to the production of audio-visual content
- Basic office management tasks
As a trainee in the Communications Department you also have the chance to take part in the curriculum of ECCHR's Critical Legal Training (workshops, discussions, etc.).