Work with us
We do not have any vacancies.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues at ECCHR. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.
Critical Legal Training
For information on ECCHR’s Critical Legal Training, see here.
We are hiring trainees in ECCHR’s Media & Communications department for a three-month duration.
We are seeking trainees beginning 1 January 2022 and are accepting applications on a rolling basis.
Preference will be given to applicants who can communicate in German and English and who have experience in journalism and/or public relations, or who have studied these fields.
This traineeship should be undertaken as part of a program of study. Expense allowance: €450/month
Please apply by email to: email@example.com
To apply, please send the following documents as one PDF:
- Letter of motivation
- CV (tabular form)
- Academic transcripts
- Work samples in English (max. five) and German (max. three)
- Proof of student status (e.g. enrollment certificate)
- Basic knowledge of human rights
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent)
- Excellent written communication skills in English
- Excellent German skills are required. Spanish, French or Arabic is an advantage
- Some experience in the field of press and public relations work
- Strong writing skills
- Some website editing experience
- Experience with Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and an enthusiasm for new developments in online communication
- Good IT skills and competence with basic programs (e.g. Excel and Powerpoint)
- Ability to work independently
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Substantive research on human rights topics
- Translate texts from German to English
- Edit/proofread German and English texts (articles, web texts and social media posts)
- Contribute to planning, drafting and editing press releases, newsletters, web texts and other materials (in German and English)
- Daily press review and compiling press clippings (of German and English media)
- Support our online presence and social media channels (in German and English)
- Assist with preparing, running and following up on press and other events
- Help handle international media inquiries
- Contribute to producing audiovisuals
- Basic office management tasks
As a trainee in the Media & Communications department, you also have the chance to take part in ECCHR’s Critical Legal Training curriculum (workshops, discussions, etc.).